Vacancy: Engineering Apprentice
Location: Enfield, Brimsdown
Job family: Manufacturing.
As a global leader in sustainable technologies, we apply our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. We’ve been leaders in our field for more than 200 years, applying unrivalled scientific expertise to enable cleaner air, improved health and the more efficient use of our planet’s natural resources. And our story doesn’t end there. Through continued investment in sound research and development, we’re tackling the world’s big challenges into our third century and beyond. Now is your time to join us.
You will be working within the Maintenance Team and reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, this role is a development role leading towards becoming a Mechanical or Electrical Technician within the Maintenance Team, supporting operations at Enfield. Through a programme of formal college based education and direct experiential learning you will develop the necessary engineering skills to safely maintain all site equipment, conducting corrective and preventive maintenance tasks under supervision and in accordance with engineering standards whilst doing so in a safe manner.
· Supporting the Maintenance team in the skilled execution of Planned, Reactive & Corrective Mechanical or Electrical maintenance activities under supervision and mentoring guidance
· Taking responsibility for your own safety, complying with JMs safe working practices and following PPE direction and contributing to a healthy and safe working environment
· Cooperating and collaborating with other team members to continually drive our proactive engineering programme, participate in failure investigations, identify and report back reliability issues within the plant
· Carrying out report writing with use of data to help JM to understand machine issues
· Completing a programme of training which involves apprentice assignments and taking ownership of your own training and development plans to ensure continued development of your own skills and expertise, undertaking additional training skills to keep abreast of technology changes, and the changing needs of the business
· Carrying out tasks and duties as directed by the Maintenance Lead that will contribute to the levels of performance and competence required
· Issuing of permits and control of contractors
· Adherence to Life Saving Policies and Management of Change procedures
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have/be:
· At least 18 years of age
· Minimum of 4 GCSE’s or equivalent, at Grade A* to C including English, Maths and Science
· High level of personal Health and Safety standards
· A team player who can support other areas if required
· Have a positive ‘can do, will do’ attitude
· Organised and disciplined
· Work with efficiency, accuracy and able to meet deadlines
· Working knowledge of MS Office
· Have a strong commitment to learning