Taylor and Francis
Business Admin Apprentice
Wanting to build foundational business knowledge and experience? Passionate about working in a Human Resources department where people are at the heart of every part of our business? Looking to join a forward-thinking company? If so, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Business Administration Apprentice to join our Recruitment Team on an 18-month program that will equip you with the skills, knowledge and experience to grow your career.
The apprentice will:
- Work alongside and receive mentoring from experienced colleagues
- Gain hands-on experience in core business administration and human resources specialisms
- Learn and develop the knowledge, skills and behaviors to grow your career
Work towards gaining:
- Level 3 Business Administration (Standard)
- You will need to pass an End Point Assessment in order to successfully achieve your apprenticeship
The Apprentice will learn and demonstrate the ability to:
- The delivery of an excellent service to all users of the Global Recruitment function through the provision of high quality, professional and timely administration
- Management and administration of the Applicant Tracking System on a day to day basis, loading job vacancies, ensuring that role information is accurate, posting job adverts on appropriate advertising sources and scheduling interviews
- Keep the recruitment intranet page ‘Portal’ up to date in order that it provides accurate, topical and relevant information to the business
- Act as a first point of contact for recruitment team queries, resolving or escalating appropriately in a timely manner
- Working collaboratively with hiring managers, building relationships and communication skills
- Management of the recruitment team inbox including responding to candidate queries
- Compile accurate and timely recruitment data for the HR monthly report and other reports as required
- Support the Recruitment Team and wider People team as required on ad hoc projects
What we are looking for:
- An understanding of the work of a Recruitment function
- As a minimum requirement, you will need to have achieved or be expecting to achieve 5 GCSE passes at Grade C/4 or above including in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications
- An understanding of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word, Teams, Office 365 and SharePoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation with a drive to learn and achieve
- Adaptable and able to respond quickly to change and work to deadlines
- A team player willing to build good working relationships and has a positive attitude and professional manner
- Great attention to detail
Things to consider:
An Apprenticeship is a learning opportunity. Apprentices will be required to complete the mandatory 20% period of off-the-job training and all tasks associated with obtaining the Apprenticeship qualification.
On completion of the Apprenticeship:
After successful completion of the Apprenticeship a certificate will be issued formally recognizing this achievement and will mark the end of the 18-month fixed-term Apprenticeship.
Taylor & Francis will make every effort to identify a suitable internal role on successful completion of the Apprenticeship, however there is no automatic guaranteed progression to a permanent or fixed-term role after successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
What we offer in return:
- Salary circa £19,500 per annum
- 25 days annual leave (3 additional days at Christmas)
- Day off for your birthday
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
To be eligible for Apprenticeship funding you need to have the right and be living in England and not currently in full-time education.
This role will be based remotely from home although occasional travel to our office in South Oxfordshire will be required.
Applications will close on the 1st March 2021, please provide a supporting covering letter with your application detailing your motivation and interest for this opportunity.