The Finance Apprentice will gain valuable hands-on experience within the Cashiering team, whilst also gaining some exposure to the other teams within Finance to generate a real in-depth understanding of how a successful Finance function operates within a leading London Law Firm. This role will work closely with the Mentor and Manager in each team who will create a positive and supportive working environment.
A typical day
– Counsel/Expert fees – accurately process invoices, ensuring they are allocated to the correct client files.
– Office account payments – include posting via our accounts software and entering on online banking.
– Opening and sorting incoming accounts post.
– Delivering of cheques around the firm and to local bank.
– Posting office transactions including electronic searches and write offs.
– Assisting the client cashiers with the monitoring of incoming funds.
– Accurate posting of client monies to the system.
– Transfer of funds to pay our bills.
– Working with the client, office teams on ad-hoc projects.
– To continually review and make suggestions for efficiencies to be implemented and new practices to be initiated within the department.
– Special Projects – Where required and with the approval of line manager, to work with fee earners on ad hoc requests where financial input is required.
You must have
– Five GCSE grades C – A* (4-9) or equivalent, including English and Maths
– Genuine interest to develop a career within Finance
– Adaptable and flexible approach to work
– Enjoys working as part of a team as well as independently
– An inquisitive mind that enjoys learning
– Strong IT skills with an aptitude to learn new software
– Demonstrates a strong interest to become an expert-user in Excel
– Self-motivated and disciplined to be able to juggle academic deadlines with their workload
– Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
– Personable and confident, able to build relationships
– Resilient and calm under pressure
Perks and benefits
– WhiteHat community
1. Training on the 18 month Standard Level 3 Assistant Accountant (AAT3) apprenticeship.
2. Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
3. As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Accounting apprenticeship progress into a full-time role as Junior Finance Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Bookkeeping Assistant, Junior Tax Consultant or Audit Assistant. You can also complete the ACCA qualification into Chartered Accountancy.