Olson Electronics Ltd
Olson Electronics are the market leading supplier of Mains Power Distribution Units and accessories (also known as Power Bars or Power Strips). Founded in 1961 by the Olson family, Olson Electronics manufacture all products at their 22,000 Square Feet Head Office in Stanmore and sell to customers both in the UK and abroad. We are looking for a Production Trainee to join our Manufacturing Team.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person and has the ability to lead to future promotion. Full training will be provided in all aspects of the manufacturing process with the ability to learn a wide range of new skills. This is a hands-on role and would ideally suit someone of a technical nature who is not afraid to ask lots of questions and use their Initiative.
Training & Experience will be provided as follows:
• General production including assembly, wiring, metal fabrication and powder
• Warehouse, packing, dispatch, Goods In and stock control
• Final Production Inspection and Test
• Setting up and maintaining production equipment
• Maintaining and updating the Manufacturing Stock System
• Quality and Health & Safety systems
Experience / Skills required:
• Factory or warehouse experience
• Experience in a similar manufacturing role an advantage
• Good PC Skills
• Good knowledge of MS Office particularly MS Excel
• Team player
• Good communication skills
• Live within daily commuting distance of Stanmore
• Hours of work – Monday to Friday 8.00 to 4.30 with half hour lunch break
• 4 weeks holiday
• Pension scheme
• Training provided
• Salary £20,000 depending on skills and experience
• This position is factory based and the candidate will be expected to work at the factory every day. Home working will not be possible.