The Recruitment Plus
Put your love for gaming to good use. We have a vacancy that is definitely right up your alley if you enjoy playing quality video games and are interested to turn your hobby into a well-paying, full-time career.
A major IT client of ours is seeking to hire at least 4 game testers to help their development team in making sure that the games they create function as they are meant to be before they are launched. The daily challenge of the role is to go through a game in its entirety to identify glitches, errors, and bugs that can negatively impact game play and experience, and then provide feedback to the development team.
The company itself is a great place to work in, as it offers a laid-back atmosphere and friendly work environment and also provides a good personal-professional life balance. There are also tons of opportunities to learn about game genres and platforms, whilst working with supportive people who enjoy gaming as much as you do.
The game tester role may sound like it is all fun and games. Yet, it actually involves serious work that has something to do with getting a problem fixed before a game goes public to avoid bad reviews and significant losses. Here are some of the primary responsibilities expected of the role.
- Go through a game in its entirety to identify potential issues that can affect player experience. Areas include functionality, performance, usability, compatibility, and content.
- Provide qualitative feedback to the development team.
- Ensure that all features are implemented according to design.
- Checklist and regression testing
- Documenting and reporting defects.
As a game tester, you are expected to have a strong passion for games and gaming experience (though not necessarily on a professional level). You should also at least have an associates degree, but a Bachelor’s degree is definitely a big plus.
Excellent attention to detail, A+ hand-eye coordination, strong oral and written communication skills, ability to work with a team, and ability to adapt to different testing requirements and priorities are key skills that will help you do well in this role. Additionally, you should have a good work ethic and a lot of discipline and patience, as testing can get monotonous and frustrating.
Do not have a comprehensive experience in game testing? That is definitely alright as you will be provided a training to help you develop a strong foundation knowledge and strengthen your skills.
What’s in it for you?
- As stated above, you will be provided with a complete training, which should help grow your knowledge and skills and enable you to adapt well on the job.
- Competitive salary and benefits package, which will be fully disclosed once you get accepted into the role.
- Opportunity to work in a company with a great working environment and people.
- Learn something new about gaming.
- Contribute to the development of quality games.
It’s time to turn your love for gaming into a rewarding career. Send in your application, and you never know you might be the game tester we’ve been looking for!
Please note that due to the high volume of application we are receiving, we can only respond to shortlisted applicants.